For 3D Printing Studios, the medical industry is the most interesting application of 3D technologies. The promise that in the near future we'll be able to scan and print replacement body parts is a tantilising proposition for our whole team. We are constantly on the lookout for new medical related applications. Here's some projects which we've completed:
- 3D Scanning and reverse engineering of femoral components
- Medical bottles and appliance to be used instead of real drugs for demonstration purposes
- Various implements used in dentistry and surgery
- Project to improve the oxygen delivery for a respirator
- Models for surgical planning or visually showing trauma
If you have a project and are looking for support from experts who can deliver end-to-end services from scanning through to 3D Printing please complete the form on the right hand side or contact your nearest studio.
Heart produced from a MRI scan for a Medical Company
Scapulas produced from CT Scans used for planning and consultation purposes.
Medical Training Aid - used for teaching medical students how to performing a tracheostomy
This coloured print used ColourJet technology from an actual patient scan. The file was converted to a printable file and printed and post-processed by 3D Printing Studios for the doctor and patient.
This bone file was extracted from a MRI scan of an ear by 3D Printing Studios.
The ear-bone was isolated from the rest of the scan, prepared for printing, then printed in studio.